Monday, June 09, 2008

And it continues...

So the sickness continues at the Lason house. I know blog posts should be more uplifting than these, probably, but this is what's going on with us right now. Kyle's virus has evidently gotten the best of him as he started back up with a fever Saturday night and his cough got worse. At the doctor today we found out he has an ear infection and a throat infection (not strep, though). He's wiped from the high fevers and breathing very fast so he's on several breathing treatments throughout the day to try and keep his lungs protected and under control. I also talked with their asthma specialist about a "plan" to keep him from getting so sick all of the time. It involved at least 2 breathing treatments a day for the next 6 weeks, so it will be a pain, but hopefully worth it so that he can start fighting things off better.

I love this picture because if you look close you can see his little smirky smile under the mask--















Along with what he's dealing with, he doesn't want to sleep. I finally just put him in his bed and let him scream it out. It was awful, but it worked. I went in to check on him and saw that he lost the battle sitting up. He was sound asleep and even snoring!

1 comment:

Linnea said...

Poor thing. I hope he feels better soon!