Sunday, September 21, 2008

Praise Him in the valleys

We've been having a rough month or so in the Lason house. Madeline's behavior has escalted from bad to worse. She has been exhibiting very explosive and at times dangerous behavoir that has all of us on edge because we don't know what's going to set her off next. "Traditional discipline" was not working so we sought the help of a Social Worker after we received a referral from her Occupational therapist. We've been to see him three times and he has been VERY helpful. On our first trip there, my mom was able to watch Kyle so Greg could come too. In the car Madeline asked us if we would like to hear a song she learned from Sidney (a girl on her bus). She started singing "Oh, no. He never lets go. Through the cup. Through the storm." It took us a while to realize she was singing the song "You Never Let Go" by Matt Redman that we hear on the KLove radio station. I tried to correct her that it should be "Through the calm and through the storm". She insisted that it was "through the cup". But the sweet thing is that she has been singing this song frequently throughout the last few weeks and it was only a few days ago that it dawned on me (sometimes I'm a little slow) that God was singing this song to me through my little girl. Just when I thought things with Madeline couldn't get any harder, they've thrown me for another loop. Through Madeline's song I'm reminded that He's there--through the cup/calm and through the storm. I'm thankful God put that song on my little girl's heart because mine has been very heavy lately. I just wanted to share that story to help you to look around and see if God might be speaking (or singing) to you in a way you might not expect.

3 comments:

Clay Anderson said...

Jami,

Was just appreciating that song yesterday in our service -- God knows precisely when we need his nudge of encouragement, eh? Praying for strength for you guys.

Clay

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jami. We will be praying for you as you go through this.

Rhonda said...

Jami, Talking to God on your behalf. Rhonda