Friday, April 24, 2009

Pure Patheticness

Things around here have been pretty pathetic lately. 2 1/2 weeks ago (just before Easter) I got in a car accident. Fortunately I was alone and driving Greg's car. The car was totalled, but we were planning to replace it within the next year anyways, so Greg was pretty happy to go ahead and get himself a new car. I felt pretty sore the next few days, but lucky that was all I felt. A week or so after the accident, though, my right wrist started hurting really bad. I went to a hand/wrist specialist and he determined that I had torn the main ligament that connects the forearm to the wrist. He gave me a steriod shot and this lovely brace to wear for 4-6 weeks. If it is not better I will have an MRI to determine how bad the tear is and if I need surgery.

Then Kyle got sick. It started out as a cold then developed into a nasty fever loving virus that kicked up his asthma and eventually gave him nasty ear infections. He's been doing breathing treatments to help and he looked so pathetic during this treatment I had to take his picture. He is doing a little better now, so hopefully a few more days of meds will get him good as new.

We need everyone good as new because Greg and I are going on a trip next week. We leave Monday and could not be more excited. This is our first trip away just the two of us since our honeymoon! Today Greg is taking his Professional Engineering exam. He's been studying since January for it so we haven't had much if any time together. So we planned a trip to San Diego to relax and reconnect. Hopefully the kids will cooperate and be healthy so we can leave! ;o)

No comments: