Lately it has been tough to keep my blog updated. That is mainly because of the stylish accessory I'm sporting on my right arm. After my car accident, my wrist started hurting so I went to a hand and wrist specialist who gave me a cortisone injection and a splint to wear. When it continues hurting the doctor ordered an MRI. The MRI showed a tear of one ligament that the doctor suspected was the problem. He suggested an arthroscopic procedure to check out the tear and look for any other damage. we scheduled the surgery right away and it turned out that my wrist had much more damage than the doctor thought. The tear was quite large and there was also a lot of fraying of tissues in the wrist that had to be cleaned up. In addition, 2 pins had to put in to hold together a separated ligament and 2 bones that had separated. So I'm in this giant cast for 2 weeks then I get the stitches out and I'm in a splint for 6 more weeks. I have to have the pins in for a total of 8 weeks. So having my right arm immobilized has greatly complicated my life. I'm extremely grateful for family and friends that are pitching in to help!
On to Madeline. Despite my repeated requests, she refuses to stop growing!! I can't believe how grown up she is! She had her Kindergarten visit this past month and loved it. She will be attending Wheaton Christian Grammar School (the K-8 school I went to). Greg and I are thrilled for the opportunity to send her to a Christian school. She continues to make progress in Occupational Therapy and is looking forward to the summer because the doctor said we can try taking a break from her braces and see if her toe-walking returns or not. We have been struggling with her behavior at home this past year and have finally had a breakthrough in that--we went to a pediatric sleep specialty clinic. They had her wear something that looked like a watch for a week. The watch records when she is awake and when she is asleep. The determination from the first week was that her body clock is operating on a 27 hour day. It showed some nights she only got 3-4 hours of sleep because her body was telling her it was daytime. That explains why some days she is unbearable--because her body is telling her it is night and she just wants to sleep. I was amazed by the results because I knew she had been getting up at night, but I had no idea she was getting up so much! She just stays in her room and plays or looks at books until she falls back asleep. So she is wearing the watch for 2 more weeks and after they have that additional data, they are going to give us a plan how to correct this.
Also, in other Madeline news, she lost her first tooth last week. It is hard to see where it fell out because the adult tooth is already in. My teeth fell out like that--the adult tooth grew in behind and pushed the baby tooth out. The one next to it is very loose too, so it looks like the tooth fairy will be visiting again soon. ;o)

Well, as we've been told by several people, it is always an adventure in the Lason house. I'm so thankful God has a plan for all of this because it is quite the roller coaster!
Well, as we've been told by several people, it is always an adventure in the Lason house. I'm so thankful God has a plan for all of this because it is quite the roller coaster!
1 comment:
So it finally fell out? I have never seen the adult tooth come in right behind the baby tooth like that. At least she won't have any gaps! ;-) I hope the tooth fairy treated her well!
BTW - she looks SO grown up and adorable in that black & white outfit!!
Post a Comment