Monday, December 10, 2007

Great News!

I just wanted to let you know that something exciting happened in our house today--Madeline accepted Christ into her heart! Since today is my dad's birthday, we called to see if he wanted to go out to lunch with us. He already had plans, so Madeline insisted on calling Mamma to see if she could go out to lunch. She wasn't feeling well, so that left just us eating at home and Madeline very pouty. While she was pouting she asked "Who is going to eat with us?" I said it was just going to be us and she asked if Jesus was going to be there. I said that He's always with us and she said "If I have food in my tummy, how can he be there?" I said that He doesn't live in your tummy, but He lives in your heart. I told her that when I was a little girl like her I asked Jesus to like in my heart and I know that when I die I"ll be in Heaven with Him. She said "But Heaven is very far away." I explained that it wasn't a place we visit, but just where we go when we die. She thought and then looked at her chest and said "Jesus, come in my heart!" I was suprised and said, "Do you want to pray and ask Jesus into your heart?" She said she did and she sat on my lap to pray. I thought she would just repeat after me, but she went right into it and said "Jesus, come into my heart. Please help me to do good things. Amen." Nothing could be sweeter!!

1 comment:

The Long Family said...

YAY!! Welcome to the family Madeline!!