It has been a long time since my last post. Every fall I feel like I get my feet knocked out from under me as I get back into the swing of school. This year was a new feeling as I started my baby in school. So I had to adjust to taking 2 kids to 2 different schools. Now that the school year is really under way, we are in a good routine. Kyle goes to half day preschool on Tuesday and Thursday. I am doing a Bible study at Wheaton Bible Church on Wednesday mornings, so Kyle enjoys the child care program there those mornings. For the most part now, I know where I am headed before I pull my car out of the garage in the morning! 
We have also been making big adjustments in Madeline's therapy. Her beloved therapist of over 2 years moved to Florida in August, so we were on the hunt to try and find a new occupational therapist. I was not having much success (everywhere has huge waiting lists), so we decided to try another route and do some counselling to help with social cueing issues and anxiety. We tried it for about 2 months and both the consellor and myself came to the conclusion that it was not a good fit. So I am on the hunt for an occupational therapist again. We are anxiously awaiting an evaluation Madeline will be having on November 16th with a Developmental Pediatrician and a Child Psychologist to hopefully give us more guidance as to what combinations of therapies would be most effective for her. I sent off the packet to apply for the evaluation in May and received the call in July that we are scheduled for November. I am praying that Madeline is healthy that day so we don't have to reschedule!! In the meantime she is doing pretty good in school. Academically she excells and shows Greg and I every day how smart she is. She feels safe and comfortable at school, so that is a big victory for us. For the additional pressure of all of the other areas that she struggles that are usually covered in therapy, I am praying for extra guidance, patience, and strength to get through until we find a good fit for a therapist in the next month or two. I would appreciate your prayers for me as we wait.
In other news, my baby turned 4 on Tuesday. I started this blog at the end of my pregnancy with him, so it is a great chronicle of our family life since then. He had a bad sinus infection, so his birthday turned out a little differently than we had planned, but he still had a fun day. Greg's parents came over Monday night so they could spend the day with him and it worked out great because he was home sick, so they were able to give him a lot of extra love and attention all day. We had a family dinner party that evening and I am so blessed by all of the people that love and care for my son. He received so many nice presents and so many wonderful birthday wishes and blessings from so many others. He is a joy!

Thursday, November 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment