Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Oh man!
Well, I guess my urge to cut Kyle's hair yesterday was divine prompting. Around 9:00 today I noticed a spot on Kyle's upper thigh. 20 minutes later I saw a few spots on his back and tummy. By 11:00 he was covered. A call to the pediatrician's office confirmed it--chicken pox! Even though he was vaccinated, he still got them somehow. He is just covered in them too. I took a few pictures after his baking soda bath tonight. They don't seem to be itching him yet, so I thought he'd be cooperative for some pictures. Probably not so much once they're all itchy. I never had chicken pox, so I have no idea what he's going through. Hopefully it won't be too bad for the poor little guy. (I can't believe how much he looks like his daddy in this picture-his face, not the red blotches.) ;o) --
Here's a close up of his leg. They're really bad on his thighs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
not cool! hopefully he won't be too uncomfortable! poor guy :-(
Hana had it last year. This exact week too! I remember the date cause it was Maddison's birthday. Anyway, oatmeal baths helped her a lot. She had the vaccine too, but still got it. Mainly on her face and chest. It was wierd. Hope he feels ok!
I hope Kyle feels better and that you are able to get some rest! Poor little guy. :-(
We don't do the vaccine... I just left my mom's today, but I wish I'd have brought my kids over to share the pox!
Well at least he got them when he is little as opposed to myself who had them at the age of 14! I had them for over a week and was completely miserable. I'm glad it looks like he is doing well.
Post a Comment