Thursday, February 28, 2008
Moving.....sorta
Well, we had to take Kyle back to the doctor again yesterday--for those of you counting that's 5 times in the last 2 and a half weeks. He was doing better then Tuesday he started coughing again and Wednesday his cough was worse and he was having his fast breathing again. Fortunately, this time they did a breathing check right when I got there with him (as opposed to signing in, waiting, paperwork, waiting, nurse takes you back, more waiting, then doctor saying he seems fine) and low and behold he was breathing very fast--44 breaths per minute fast (he should be in the mid 20s for his breaths). I was so happy that they finally have it documented because I keep bringing him in because I tell them he's breathing that fast at home so they want me to bring him in, but by the time they listen to him he's slowed down and is doing fine. We discussed with the doctor what might be going on and we think he is reacting to the mold (some seen, probably a lot unseen) in our house. We had Kyle tested in November for allergies and he registered a pretty high mold allergy. So my parents have been gracious enough to let us move in with them indefinitely as we try to figure out if that is the cause of his troubles. It is going to be at least 6 or 7 weeks until we can get into our new house, so we're thankful that we have this option to try and get him healthy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness... sounds like no fun (although sometimes staying with mom and dad is a bit of a break :) I'll be staying with my parents for a week next month too. Maybe we can get together!
Wow, what an ordeal. I am sorry you have to go through all that. I hope that Kyle feels much better at your parents house!
Post a Comment